WHAT IS A LIFE COACH?
Become a more integrated you💫
A life coach is a professional who helps individuals identify and achieve personal and professional goals through guidance & support.
What is Teen/Adolescent Coaching?
A teen life coach has a deep understanding of the emotions and mood swings in adolescents. We focus on understanding that risk-taking, impulsivity and emotional reactivity are typical in the adolescent stage.
Additionally, we are trained to help young teens/adolescents navigate the unique challenges they face through research-based coaching. Our goal is to encourage young clients to rise and thrive through self-mastery, self-advocacy, and self-determination.
Altogether, we help teenagers grow by teaching them skills that will make them stronger and better able to handle life’s challenges. This includes skills like being hopeful, understanding their feelings, and solving problems. We focus on this because we are experts in how teenagers think and grow.
How does it work?
Moreover, by being a thought partner with our clients and using evidence-based tools, we explore and develop understanding in:
- Finding their self-identity and interacting with others;
- Testing social relationships, environments, groups, and roles as they solidify their sense of self;
- Developing their own logical reasoning and sense of morality;
- Learning how fun and leisure offers outlets for freedom of expression, choice, exploration, adventure, and prosocial relationship building;
- Fostering the ability to form high quality relationships with family and friends for high quality and healthy relationships in adulthood;
- And much more!
What can I expect?
In developing these understandings of self, the success of coaching has shown that:
- The client is able to achieve self-determination and self-advocacy;
- The client is able to identify what they bring to their experiences and how they contribute to their outcomes;
- The client develops self-awareness, identity, strengths, interests, values, and new desires to achieve self- mastery;
- The client understands the function of social connectedness to success and wellness;
- The client develops goal-oriented mindset for school, work, and personal lives;
- And so much more!
What is the difference between life coaching and therapy?
As stated by Dr. Leah B. Mazzola, Founder & Owner at Youth Coaching Institute, “Life coaches and therapists share a common goal – to enhance the well-being and outcomes for those they serve. Some therapists are also coaches. Some coaches are also therapists.”
And so, deciding which is the best fit for you depends on your current emotional state and your needs & goals.
Here’s a brief overview of the primary differences between Life Coaching & Therapy
- The patient is having problems with their thoughts and feelings that are making it hard for them to do everyday things;
- The patient needs help coping, alleviating pain, or distress related to trauma, disorders, or illness;
- The patient wants to work through the problems and get back to their best self;
- The patient is looking for a mental health professional to help them overcome and live well again.
- The client is functional and does fine with daily tasks;
- The client is mentally healthy and manages things well enough;
- The client wants to be better, grow, and achieve higher goals;
- The client wants to improve performance, relationships, or life satisfaction;
- The client is looking for a success partner to help facilitate the next level of growth, advancement, or change.
In conclusion, therapists often refer clients to life coaches as a next level of support. Therapists help clients get back to their best self and begin moving onto thriving while life coaches pick up the work from there to support clients as they continue to set and achieve meaningful goals and build skills for ongoing success.
ARE YOU SEEKING TO START YOUR NEXT BEST CHAPTER?
BOOK A FREE EXPLORATORY CALL
A meaningful and deep conversation to asses your needs and discuss how MyTeenLifeCoach can help you as a parent, young adult, teenager, or pre-teen.
We Work With:
- Time management and organization;
- Anger management strategies;
- Finding focus for school;
- Self- advocacy;
- Improving grades;
- Navigating Relationships;
- Getting ready for college;
- Finding your passion in life;
- Figuring out blocks and obstacles;
- Improving confidence and motivation;
- Getting on top of stress and anxiety;
- Setting life goals and thinking about the future;
- Tech “addiction” (video games, phones, social media, etc).